Thursday, May 20, 2010

Backyard..take 1.


So this is it...the week has finally come.
I guess I should start my story by telling you about the problem. The problem is our backyard. I never really liked it right off the bat. It is far too big and has way too much space that has to be landscaped. You know what I mean, mulched area, not grass. And then if you have mulched are you have to plant something in it and I just CANNOT grow ANYTHING!
The huge mulched area I can do nothing with
So the excavator is coming today and troops to help us dig up the whole yard. We are moving the retaining wall, putting up a new stone one; digging up the "grass" (which right now is more like mossy stuff); getting a new deck; new patio area...everything NEW!

I hate that "island" around the tree, it will be removed today!
Wish us luck and pray for our backs, it might get kinda rough 'round here the next few days ;)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done! How was your husbands graduation? Hope all is well with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete