Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Finally!!

I feel reflective today...haha. Must be because my little fella is taking a nap that I have time to feel this way.
Anyway, the reason I feel reflective is TODAY is Tim's last day of school. Like EVER. For a while at least ;) So this gets me thinking how awesome its been, and how good God has been to us.
Back in 2004, all we wanted to do was be travel nurses. We just prayed that God would lead our steps although the process didn't feel especially "spiritual". We had no idea how God would lead us, and how He gave us that desire, because it was what he was calling us to.
So we headed out, traveling nurses at last. We thought we were going to Northern California (Redding to be exact) because the money was really good. We had no idea how divine this decision really was. We found an amazing church, and got to be an encouragement when God's people needed us. And although I had been praying that God would open the right doors and give us favor professionally, He far exceeded our expectations. Tim ended up being ASKED to come work in the ICU, where they offered to train him. This is UNHEARD of in travel nursing, but He opened the door, so we walked right through. Answer to prayer #1...because he needed 2 years of ICU experience to get into anesthesia school. I wasn't left out either, because the same thing happened to me in the Emergency Room. They asked me to come there and trained me (I didn't even know that's what I wanted, but He did)
Then when God's timing was perfect, Tim came home to interview for school. We're still not sure exactly how that all came to be, but like I said, the Lord orders our steps and we just follow. Then through many tears and prayers, here we are at the end of this part of our road. Eight years of school completed. One son. Nine years of marriage. A long winding road, but here we are finally! And we are so thankful that who HE calls, HE equips...and that there is an end to school :)

3 comments:

  1. yay! congrats tim, kelly, and p! we're very proud of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing what God will/can do when we follow Him. Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following you back. I have a 5 year old and a two year old, we have something in common.

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    Copper Penny

    ReplyDelete